Position Summary: ILS is seeking a Senior EMI/EMC Analysis and Design Engineer to provide insight and surveillance of logistics service contractors, as well as recommendations to optimize performance and resolve issues associated with the interactions between electrical and electronic systems in the deep space environment. Under the Deep Space Logistics Engineering Support (LENS) contract, our employees will provide engineering support to NASA to review and assess activities of the Gateway Logistics Services (GLS) IDIQ Contract Commercial Service Provider(s). This effort may include the review and assessment of the requirements, design, analysis, testing, manufacturing, verification, validation, assembly, integration, checkout, mission preparations and operations required to deliver cargo and payloads to the lunar Gateway, or for other DSL mission projects and interests.
The Senior Engineer, EMI/EMC Analysis and Design provides support on our behalf for analysis of requirements, designs, and operating environments associated with NASA Gateway Logistics Services (GLS) systems and missions from launch through on-station operations. This position also provides insight and surveillance of logistics service contractors, as well as recommendations to optimize performance and resolve issues associated with the interactions between electrical and electronic systems in the deep space environment.
Status: Immediate hire
Job Type: Full-time
Labor Category: Engineer III/IV
Location: Kennedy Space Center, FL
Citizenship Requirement: This position requires access to hardware and technical data subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) export control regulations. Accordingly, all applicants must be U.S. persons which includes U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (i.e., Green Card holders), and or other protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3).
Minimum Education/Experience: B.S. degree in engineering or related discipline from an accredited engineering school and fourteen (14) years of related engineering experience or an M.S. degree in engineering or a related discipline from an accredited engineering school and ten (10) years of related engineering experience
Description of Duties
- Analyze system and sub-system level requirements, designs, and test protocols to evaluate electromagnetic effects and interactions within and among systems, including Electromagnetic Interference/Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMI/EMC), Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP), and electrostatic discharge (ESD) analyses.
- Participate in reviews and working groups to share information, findings and recommendations related to thermal requirements and systems.
- Lead implementation of NASA EEE Parts Program on the LENS contract
- Participate in system failure and anomaly investigations, and conduct root-cause analysis
- Based on analysis and observation, provide recommendations for concurrence or nonconcurrence with the Gateway Logistics Services Provider’s actions
- Must successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Ability to work in a team environment consisting of NASA civil servants and various contractor employees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with NASA Commercial launch services vehicles and providers is highly desired.
- Familiarity with behavior of electronic and mechanical systems in the deep space environment (radiation, temperature, etc.) is required.
- Understanding of EEE parts requirements and selection, and familiarity with NASA EEE Parts Program
- Knowledge of Spacecraft concepts and operations
- Proficiency highly desired with Ansys EMIT, Ansys Savant, MATLAB®, LabVIEW
Skills and Competencies
- Good verbal, written, and listening skills required
- Good interpersonal and customer relation skills required
- Good presentation skills required
- MS Office; PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
How to Apply: Applicants who meet the minimum criteria stipulated above are requested to e-mail a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Integrated Launch Solutions, Inc. (ILS) is a certified Woman Owned Small Business incorporated and headquartered in Merritt Island, Florida. Centrally located on the Space Coast, our team of experienced professionals and subject matter experts is helping the space launch industry shape the next generation of spacecraft, launch vehicle, launch range, and ground system integration services. We are currently working with commercial launch service providers, spacecraft developers, and launch site operators to streamline processes and enable rapid, responsive, cost effective, and safe launch services. Visit www.ilscorporation.com to learn more about our support in the areas of launch complex design, activation and management; systems engineering; vehicle assembly, integration, and test; range integration; and launch operations.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ILS supports equal pay for equal work and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.