Position Summary: ILS is seeking experienced Systems Engineers to apply systems engineering and integration (SE&I) methodologies, processes, and tools to design, develop, integrate, test and operate launch site infrastructure elements and ground support equipment for commercial launch operations.
Status: Immediate hire
Job Type: Part-time and Full-time
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Clearance Required: No
Citizenship Requirement: This position requires access to hardware and technical data subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) export control regulations. Accordingly, all applicants must be U.S. persons which includes U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (i.e., Green Card holders), and or other protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Minimum Education/Experience: >5 years of experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
Description of Duties:
- Support the development of operations concepts, conduct trade studies, and perform analysis to develop program infrastructure requirements for launch vehicle and payload processing, integration, checkout, and launch operations.
- Support the solicitation, analysis, decomposition and allocation of functional and interface requirements for critical hardware, software, and data deliverables.
- Manage and track the development of the Operations and Maintenance Requirements and Specifications (OMRS).
- Assist with planning and coordination of validation and verification (V&V) events for facilities, ground support equipment, and associated subsystems.
- Participate in working groups, design reviews, technical interchange meetings, teleconferences, and documentation reviews.
- Assist with the development of technical status briefings for program reviews and mission milestones.
- Support engineering reviews and studies, review and analyze technical engineering data and drawings.
- Develop and review engineering plans and procedures.
- Update SharePoint database(s) to include progress, changes, issues, and concerns.
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Experience supporting large and complex launch site design, activation, and operations projects or programs.
- Experience leading requirements development activities and utilization of requirements management tools such as DOORS, Cradle, and Core.
- Knowledge of NASA Kennedy Space Center infrastructure and ground systems.
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative, and technical excellence.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and technical integration skills.
- Effective verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
How to Apply: Please submit your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below to tell us why you think it is time to join the ILS Team!
Integrated Launch Solutions, Inc. (ILS) is a certified Woman Owned Small Business incorporated and headquartered in Merritt Island, Florida. Centrally located on the Space Coast, our team of experienced professionals and subject matter experts is helping the space launch industry shape the next generation of spacecraft, launch vehicle, launch range, and ground system integration services. We are currently working with commercial launch service providers, spacecraft developers, and launch site operators to streamline processes and enable rapid, responsive, cost effective, and safe launch services. Visit www.ilscorporation.com to learn more about our support in the areas of launch complex design, activation and management; systems engineering; vehicle assembly, integration, and test; range integration; and launch operations.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ILS supports equal pay for equal work and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.