Launch Range Integrator
Position Summary: ILS is seeking an experienced Project Manager with in-depth experience and knowledge of the Eastern Range and the 45th Space Wing to lead Range Integration for multiple launch vehicle programs. Applicant must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Status: Contingent upon award
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Clearance Required: No
Citizenship Requirement: This position requires access to hardware and technical data subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) export control regulations. Accordingly, all applicants must be U.S. persons which includes U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (i.e., Green Card holders), and or other protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Minimum Education/Experience: >10 years of experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent years of experience.
Description of Duties:
- Interact with Range Flight Safety and Eastern Range 45th Space Wing personnel to identify, allocate, and implement range support requirements and/or tailoring (e.g., AFSPCMAN 91-710).
- Support the review of vehicle and ground system sub-system designs for compliance with NASA and Range Safety requirements (as applicable).
- Support the review of test and operating procedures for compliance with NASA and Range Safety requirements (as applicable).
- Support the certification of launch vehicle Flight Termination Systems (FTS) and provide understanding of RCC 319/324 or equivalent requirements.
- Identify range activity and program milestones, ensuring prerequisite activities and documentation are complete.
- Lead regular Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings to address requirements, cross program integration, element interfaces and verification/validation plans
- Coordinate all Range activities to support vehicle test and launch operations.
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Experience supporting large and complex launch site design, activation, and operations projects or programs.
- Experience leading requirements development activities and utilization of requirements management tools such as DOORS, Cradle, and Core.
- Knowledge of NASA Kennedy Space Center infrastructure and ground systems.
- Knowledge of Eastern Test Range processes and the 45th Space Wing organization.
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative, and technical excellence.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and technical integration skills.
- Effective verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- PMP, CMMI or CSEP certifications are a plus.
How to Apply: Please submit your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below to tell us why you think it is time to join the ILS Team!
Integrated Launch Solutions, Inc. (ILS) is a certified Woman Owned Small Business incorporated and headquartered in Merritt Island, Florida. Centrally located on the Space Coast, our team of experienced professionals and subject matter experts is helping the space launch industry shape the next generation of spacecraft, launch vehicle, launch range, and ground system integration services. We are currently working with commercial launch service providers, spacecraft developers, and launch site operators to streamline processes and enable rapid, responsive, cost effective, and safe launch services. Visit www.ilscorporation.com to learn more about our support in the areas of launch complex design, activation and management; systems engineering; vehicle assembly, integration, and test; range integration; and launch operations.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ILS supports equal pay for equal work and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.